My heart is bent toward new parents; as a mother of two, I am well-familiar with this new, wild phase of life. You might have an array of questions, and a list of things to do, and as your postpartum doula, my role is to take some of the weight off your shoulders. My goal is to help maintain a relaxed and stress-free environment, wherein you can recover from your birth, and bond with your newborn babe. I will be available to assist you around your home, and to provide you with the support, information, and resources you need to help make this transition as smooth as possible for your family.
What is a Postpartum Doula?
A postpartum doula provides evidenced based information on topics such as recovery from birth, bonding with baby, infant feeding, soothing, and basic newborn care. A postpartum doula assists a new family in the early days and weeks of bringing home a new baby. “Research shows that moms, dads and babies have an easier time with this transition if a good support team is in place.” (American Pregnancy Association)
Outline of Postpartum Doula Services:
As your postpartum doula, we will tailor your package according to what your family needs. I offer the following:
- Breastfeeding information and support
- Babywearing education and support + access to my lending library
- Assistance with newborn care (diapering, bathing, feeding, soothing)
- Self-care and sleeping solutions for all
- Processing and reflecting on birth experience
- Light housekeeping (tidying, dishes, laundry)
- Light meal preparation
- Grocery runs and other errands
- Access to my lending library of books on breastfeeding, sleeping, nutrition, milestones, and more.
- Connections with local resources, including lactation consultants, pediatricians, parenting classes, counseling, and support groups
For those interested, I offer a discounted Newborn Lifestyle Session when you hire me as your Postpartum Doula.
Postpartum Doula Fee: $25/hour minimum of 3 hours per visit ($17 for those who hire me as Birth Photographer and/or Birth Doula.)
Please note: I only take a few postpartum clients a month. If you are interested in my services as a postpartum doula, please be sure to reach out to me ahead of time. I look forward to hearing from you!
Postpartum Doula Spokane WA | Postpartum Doula Coeur d’Alene Idaho
Post birth Mother’s Helper and Photography Spokane Washington | Post Birth Help for Moms and Photography Coeur d’Alene ID